I cannot believe that 2013 is already ending. What a wonderful, busy year it has been. The three of you are the center of my world. Ok, the four of you, if you count Sydney. No matter what kind of day I am having, seeing you, catching up and spending time with you all makes the day complete. And at the end of our lives, loving each other is what matters the most. Always.
Connor here are the highlights that I remember this year. You have:
- Finished your freshman year on the high school swim team and received your letter. Congratulations!
- Improved your swim times despite the grumbling about practice.
- Started your sophomore year in high school.
- Showed an interest in track. Let’s see where the spring takes you.
- Earned your drivers permit. Look out locals.
- Started dating a lovely young woman. Again.
- Learned how to do your own laundry. Score one for you and me.
- Volunteered to help the swim team with the smaller kids. I think you actually enjoyed it, although you will never admit it to me.
- Mourned a friend’s second year anniversary of his early death. You were honest with me about your tense behavior and I was proud of you. I do not ever wish for you to experience heartbreak, but it is good to know that you feel that you can be honest with me when you are hurting. I know this is not easy. Ever.
Abby, here are the highlights that I remember this year. You have:
- Become a teen. Although I suspect you were actually one before your official birthday.
- Embraced your amazing curly, thick hair. You now wear it with pride. Remember to always distinguish yourself.
- Saw Justin Bieber in concert. Again. And, you saw his movie. And, we didn’t have to pay for any of it.
- Started a regular babysitting gig and understand a little about what it’s like to be a mom.
- Created a thoughtful, homemade Christmas gift for your Dad. Out of all of the things that you did this year, this made me the most proud of you. You gave someone you love a gift created out of love.
- Recommended that I read “The Giver.” I am still not happy about the ending, but I loved the book anyway.
- Shared a girls trip to the beach with me over the summer. I learned a lot about you because we had time alone together. I cherished that trip and hope we can do one again in 2014.
Mike, here are the highlights that I remember this year. You have:
Continued to be a loving supporting, husband and father. You are my biggest fan and I love you more now than I did when we walked down the aisle 22 years ago.
As this is the last post of 2013, and sentimental, it’s because I love you all. My heart is full because all of you are in my life.