Year end reviews bore me. The news coverage this last week (other than the US fiscal cliff) was stuffed full of stories about stars who died, biggest headlines, winners and losers of 2012 and biggest news stories. My eyes usually glaze over and I turn a deaf ear, until the story jogs my memory. Hey, I forgot about that….
I am not saying that this has converted me to year end reviews, but it’s nice to pause for a few minutes and consider what kind of year 2012 was for all of us. Overall, 2012 was a good year for me and my family.
- I am still employed. Bonus: I like the people I work with. How many of us say that?
- My family is healthy. And, we are still together.
- We got a puppy, Sydney, who is healthy. She’s changed our life and we love her.
- We took Sydney on vacation. We met the in-laws on vacation and had a fun, relaxing time.
- A school year ended and another one began, but in different schools for both of my children.
- I joined the ranks of swim team Moms this summer. My high school freshman is now swimming for his school.
- I like my neighbors.
- My commute is long, but my train buddies and iPad make it bearable.
- I traveled to some new places and made new friends. I also reconnected with old friends.
- I am still writing this blog, two years after I started it.
Not a bad year in review. Happy New Year everyone!